Monday, September 21, 2009

it wasn't me being the fool this time

on the 17th of September marked the very special day for Wendy Wen.
I guess 19 isn't that remarkable, I didn't feel very special on my 19th, I guess the hype of pre 18 and being 18 is over. Maybe the next thing is turning 21. Because the birthday girl had work during the day, ( I know yeah? working on your own birthday?) We decided to have a girls night out in the city.

We made our way to Lygon street for some Italian dinner. I've got to say Lygon st reminds me a little bit like China. There was a whole stretch of restaurants where people would just talk to you, and encourage you to read their menu (marketing stuff). I was a bit annoyed at the first man, partly because i was shocked they did this whole salesy stuff in Melbourne; he was trying to sell us a dinner which to me I don't like. I prefer reading the menu in peace and making my own decision. This other lady really got to me, as we were walking past, the 3 of us just wanted to avoid the sales people after encountering about 5 consecutively. However, this lady blocks my way, and goes 'read my menu' and i keep walking and she just pushes me with her arm (lightly of course, if she pushed any harder I would've cracked it) and says "read my menu, my mother's the chef" At this point, I was really angry, 1. cos she touched me 2. her rude tone she used 3. the forceful nature of her.

Finally we escaped the sales market area, and crossed the road to the other side for a more peaceful stretch of footpath. After reading a few menu's and walking past a couple of delicious looking gelati stores, Wendy picks her restaurant and we made our way in.

For dinner, we had steak, a seafood basket with prawn, scallop, calamari, and fish. And a garlic pizza! Wendy also had this Bailey's alcoholic milkshake, while i settled for some Greek soda, and linda had a sprite. After a long and needed chat, we leave the restaurant and walk down for GELATI! yummmmm. We got a 4 flavoured cup which was nice, except the pistacio flavoured one was a bit weird.

We then headed to Churro's for some dessert. I ordered a chocolate tea, Linda got an affogato, and Wendy had a Mocha. We shared a plate of churros. And this was when the funny stuff happened. Disgusting is what I'd say. Because it was Wendy's Birthday we decided to do something. So Linda first says "Betty, i dare you to finish that caramel dip" So, Yes i did it. Gross but it wasn't that bad. Then I followed with "I dare you to finish the dark chocolate dip" So she did, it was disgustinggggg and we got Video footage of it too. It's of course never going to be disclosed. Maybe at a 21st but yeah, nothing for now. After heaps of laughter and fun times, and linda going on a bit of a chocolate high, we decide to head home.

We went back to my place, where Wendy picked up her cake that Linda got from her bakery, it was quite a nice one- strawberry sponge. Talked to Anna and showed her what silly things we did at Churro's.

Although it was nothing big, we hope you had a great 19th Birthday Wendy Wen !


No comments:

Post a Comment