Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's times like these when you're reminded how blessed you are

It shouldn't even need to be an occasion of your birthday where you're once again reminded of how blessed you are with a family, friends, and a God that loves you.

Wednesday afternoon. After finishing class at 2pm, I casually make my way to 'the kitchen' the usual place we meet on a Wednesday afternoon for lunch. While waiting I decide to heat up my food in the microwaves, then i seated myself down at one of the tables and waited. Not long i get 3 missed calls from Aaron, and I'm thinking *crap he's prob annoyed that i missed all 3 calls* so i call back and it was Sabrina that called me with his phone 3 times. She tells me to meet her at the bottom of the Menzies building as she needed to 'speak to her bus law tutor'. So i meet her down there, and we soon realise that Eric is 'studying on the 9th floor of menzies' . So I, plan to go up to meet Eric while, Sab goes to see her tutor, and Aaron going to 'the kitchen' to heat up his food. But Sabrina suggests that we all go together, so without further questioning, we make our way back into campus centre to heat up Aaron's food.

Afterwards, we walk back to the Menzies, and we get into the lift. I see Sabrina holding a pile of teaspoons, and i suspect that there's going to be a Birthday cake/song thing that Eric has prepared for. Aaron, on the other hand goes "Sabrina! you cheap asian, taking so many spoons". The lift door opens, and I we see not only Eric, but the rest of our Uni buddies. Wow, was i surprised. More surprised was Aaron as he had no idea at all. Eric and Sabrina had organised a cake.

Beforehand when i bumped into Eric prior to my class he told me he was just meeting up with a friend, while he was actually going to pick up the cake. (sneaky friends) LOVE you all. We ate cake, took photos, and had a great time of fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment